My AC Unit Is Not Blowing Cold Air!August 4, 2017 2:16 am Leave your thoughts
When your AC system doesn’t cooperate, it can be very frustrating. You don’t know what is causing it not to blow cold air into your home, and the last thing you really want to do is call for air conditioning repair in Lonoke County, AR. The following troubleshooting tips can help you locate the source of your air conditioner problems before you make a call for service, helping you to get that cold air pumping again:
- Check the thermostat: First, check your thermostat. This is a common reason that your AC system isn’t blowing cold air. You may have it switched off, or it may be set to “heat” by accident. Inspect your thermostat thoroughly and make sure it is operating correctly. This could be all you need to do to avoid air conditioning repair in Cabot, AR.
- Change the air filter: A clogged air filter can be the cause of a lack of cold air. It can impede the flow of air into your home and cause your air conditioning system to work harder than it needs to. By simply changing the air filter in your AC unit, you may be able to avoid calling for air conditioning repair in Conway, AR. This simple fix may be all you need to get your AC system functioning again.
- Clean the condenser unit: The condenser unit is the main source of cold air coming into your home. When your condenser is filled with debris and dirt, it can cause it to stop working as efficiently as it should. Start by shutting off the power to your condenser unit, and clean all the buildup that has worked its way into the unit. This should be all you need to do to get your AC unit working again and help you avoid the need to call for air conditioning repair in Little Rock, AR.
- Inspect the power source: The power can also be affecting the flow of cold air into your home from your air conditioning system. You may have a tripped breaker that is preventing your air conditioner from working properly, and all you need to do is reset it. A simple check of your power source is a necessary step in making sure your AC system is blowing cold air and will help you avoid having to call an HVAC
- Call a professional HVAC service: If you have tried all of the above remedies, it is necessary to call an HVAC contractor to inspect your AC unit. You need air conditioning repair in North Little Rock, AR, as there is something more seriously wrong with your air conditioner that requires the attention of a professional.
It is worth it to keep these tips in mind when you are having problems with your AC unit not blowing cold air into your home. If you need air conditioning repair, call Dickerson Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Service. We have more than 20 years of experience in the HVAC industry and can diagnose what is ailing your air conditioning system.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Maintenance
This post was written by Writer